Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Reviews?

Okay, Jane_E has been out and about for enough time that some of you have contacted me and let me know... that you liked it, you really liked it! Yay! I'm glad to hear my humble efforts gave you some enjoyment.

If you can spare a moment, can you be my Naomi girl (or boy, as the case may be) and start running some scrolls about the feel-good novel of the summer? Okay, so maybe you've been so busy reading that you still haven't learned how to weave your ASCII selvage. In that case, maybe instead you could spare a few minutes to post a review somewhere. Here, there, anywhere would be nifty.

See your words in print! Help me keep my family from falling into a deep black hole of sartving artist-ness! Let me know where you posted your review and be eligible to receive some goodies for your very own self, too!

Thank you. Namaste.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What does 'namaste' mean, anyway? I forget."

"In short, it means 'what is divine in me honors what is divine in you.'"

His aspect softened, and his voice pitched to a rough whisper. "I heard somewhere that it's a symbol of the meeting of heaven and earth. The unity of what seems dual and separate. The joining of one self to another."

Why was I suddenly having so much trouble breathing? "It can mean many things, sir."

"And between us?"

I pressed my lips and knotted my hands together to keep them from trembling. I forced myself to meet his eyes, and it was agony.

"It means," I said with effort, "whatever we want it to mean, sir."

He looked away, nodding his head slowly at the floor. "At least it's not 'goodbye.'"


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Jane_E, Friendless Orphan
Chapter Twenty-one

Erin M-C
July 5, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home